To our Wider School Community
A member of our school community has tested positive for COVID-19. In line with PHA and DE Guidance we have put many protocols in place to keep the pupils and staff safe in school since our return in August. These include:
- The introduction of “Class Bubbles”
- Hand washing and hand sanitising regimes
- Additional cleaning across the school, especially on high touch areas
- The increased use of PPE.
We know that this virus is easily spread. I have sought the most up-to-date advice from Public Health Agency (PHA) and they have advised:
- Closing the bubble with staff, pupils and close contacts self-isolating
- Arrangement of an enhanced clean of affected areas
- The pupils and staff who are affected have been notified and advised separately by the PHA.
As the school will be closed from 19-30 October this will include the isolation period for anyone affected. I do appreciate the concerns or parents, carers, pupils and the wider community and wish to reassure you that every precaution has been taken. Ensuring the safety of pupils and staff is my absolute priority and I will continue to monitor this situation carefully and will keep you informed.
Every one is asked to do their part to keep themselves, their families and the community safe from the spread of the virus.
Parents and carers with any questions or concerns are welcome to contact their child’s class teacher as a first point of contact.